Quick summary of the team:
BulahBots! | Team 3753 competes in FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Competition. The team is composed of high school students at Parkview Baptist School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our team seeks to build our members knowledge of engineering and technology, and have fun while doing it! The members of our team are dedicated to doing great things with the help of our awesome mentors and sponsors.
History of the team:
History of BulahBots FIRST Robotics Team 3753:
- Shawn Liner, seeking to increase student interest in STEM forms PERC (Parkview Engineering and Robotics Club).
- In a search for ways to increase the activity in the club, Shawn Liner (science teacher) attended a field trip from the National Science Teacher Association conference in New Orleans. The field trip was to the Bayou Regional FIRST robotics competition.
- He was amazed and determined to pursue stating a team at his school
- Shawn contacts Hugo Salom (an engineer at Wink Engineering). Hugo had been a mentor with FIRST 3337 and was very willing to help Parkview start their own robotics team.
- With the help of Hugo, the team receives a grant from JC Penney, and forms as Raptor Robotics and competes in Bayou Regional. The team surprises themselves by placing 7th and winning the ‘Highest Seeded Rookie’ award.
- Seeking to establish a unique identity in the world of robotics, the team changes its name to “BulahBots!”. (The name derived from a Yale cheer that has been adopted at Parkview Baptist School for years).
- The young team steps up its building and creates ‘Charizard’, a fast-frisbee slinging robot that goes undefeated in qualification matches and wins Bayou Regionals.
- For the first time Bulahbots goes to the world championship.
- Bulah Bots new robot